Translate this Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Canadian Lacemakers' Gazette

Hello again, Lovely Tatters.  Another day, another post.  I'm here in Saskatchewan and looking out my window this morning I saw...snow.  Yes, it's April 2, and we have snow on the ground and falling from the sky.  Spring, where are you??

On the home front, I'm on day two of my days off and spending them indoors with a nasty malady requiring antibiotics.  I'm feeling better, so I'll be back to work tomorrow.  Gotta support my tatting habits somehow!

I have another resource, folks!!  This is the Canadian Lacemaker Gazette, "Lacemakers coast to coast and beyond", as they claim. They've been providing resources to Canadian Tatters since 1984, and is currently being published in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Their purpose is "to promote and encourage interest and excellence in the art of lacemaking". They currently have 38 groups in their directory, so here's hoping there's something in there to be of assistance to a new tatter.  They have a list of groups in each Canadian Province, the only things missing are Northwest Territories and Nunavut, but that can change in a heartbeat.  They even have a LIST of areas with lacemakers.  Saskatchewan has only four registered, but I know for a fact there are far more than that.

If you're reading this and you've not listed, put yourself out there.  Canadian tatters are very scattered in this country, and we need to be able to connect and support each other.  It's a big country, and I know from personal experience that I thought I was alone until I met a lady from Regina who had been tatting for years about 5-6 years ago.  Bless her heart, she was so sweet and accommodating.  I've come to learn that most lacemakers are just good people.

So, give the Canadian Lacemaker Gazette a look, add your location to the list of communities under the map project and be a representative if you haven't already. 


 

How cool is this??? It's a lace map of Canada!  This has to be one of the best efforts at cooperation between lacemaking types I've ever seen.  

Please check them out. Support the gazette. Add your name to connect with other tatters.  WE NEED THIS!

Happy tatting!

No comments:

Post a Comment