Translate this Blog

Friday, June 28, 2019

Tat Days, Painted Houses, and New Mentors

Well, folks, here I am again! I can’t believe how fast time is flying by!! It gets closer and closer to when I leave for the convention at Tat Days in Anderson, Indiana and it seems time has sped up! I’ve had my ticket booked for a few months when the event seemed so far away. “I’ll have plenty of time to get my things together” I said to myself. Famous last words... 

At the time I’m writing this, I have 10 days until I’m due to check in at the airport. Where did all my prep time go???!! I’m madly making lists and winding bobbins of thread so I don’t run out. I know I am attending an event hosted by, essentially, a store, but I want to spend my money on the good stuff! Lisa, I hope you’re stocked!

On the home front, my house is officially painted. It went from a lovely butter yellow that I loved (and Beloved hated, I found out), to a dark, almost military green (which Beloved loves and of which I’m still undecided). To be honest, it's almost a military green and while I do like green, I'm not sure I like looking at my home and thinking I should report to the CO at the barracks.

In addition, I have a green-splattered dog and a cat that seems to think it was a good idea to rub the corner of a house with wet paint. As my mother used to say: “It’s a great life if you don’t weaken.” Anyone know how to get oil paint out of animal fur short of shaving the poor creature?

Enough about me, I have another someone to add to our list of honoured mentors!  I introduce to you Fiona Geisinger!!  She's located in Edmonton Alberta, near the famous West Edmonton Mall.  She is a very nice lady and is more than willing to help you out if you have a question, or maybe just meet for a cuppa something, some tatting, and a giggle!  Her email address is fcairns@shaw.ca, and her Facebook page is called Fiona's Frivolite at www.facebook.com/fionasfrivolite.   Go have a look!

I do have a thought, since this blog is all about helping Canadian tatters with information, resources, and connections.  I'd like some input on adding online resources.  I'm thinking of adding a few websites with video tutorials or link to blogs that offer tips and techniques for both shuttle and needle tatters.  There are so many out there, but I have a few I've found helpful.  They might help you, too.  If you have any ideas, I'm all for hearing them!  I can't guarantee they'll be Canadian content (CBC terms are haunting me!), but it will be a Canadian person posting, so we're halfway there.

Well, my Lovelies, I'm off to figure out what I'm forgetting on my list of stuff to take to Indiana.  I know I'm forgetting something...

Happy tatting, m'Dears!


No comments:

Post a Comment