Translate this Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Another Hopeful Resource gone.

 April 3, 2018

Oh, my goodness!  I found a treasure trove!  This website lists lacemaking guilds and groups in Canada!!  I just about choked on my tea, I was so excited!  Have any of you found this?  I don't know how recent any of the links are, but this will prove extremely helpful in getting Canada properly onto the tatting map instead of just out here on the periphery.

http://www.arachne.com/guild/canada.html

There were all kinds of them and I just didn't have time to look at them all, but it was exciting nontheless.  If anyone with an internet connection at home and with time on your hands could go have a look at it and get back to me, I would truly appreciate the help.

I heard from another tatting resource.  They were very excited to be listed on our little corner of the website.  Stitch-it Central in Ingersoll, ON has been in business for quite some time, and Cindy, the kind lady I contacted, has written a little something for our blog:

Stitch-it Central started over 10 years ago when Maria Santos wanted to take her love of cross-stitching and be able to share it with more people, and meet some new friends.  The company started small, in the basement of their house with a small inventory, a small group of stitchers and a couple new customers popping in to check out the growing store.  It wasn't long before the inventory and the stitching group out-grew the basement location and Stitch-it Central found a home in the quaint little town of Ingersoll, Ontario in 2013.  We began catering more to the crafts that customers were asking about and soon expanded into needlepoint, rug hooking, tatting, yarns, quilting and even custom framing!  Proudly Canadian and boasting a website with over 50,000 products and a physical store of over 3000 square feet, we are meeting new customers and making new friends every day, all while sharing a love of hobbies and crafting.

We have a great selection of tatting supplies, including shuttles, needles, gauges, bobbin cases, books, threaders, and a wide variety of Lizbeth threads in different sizes.  

Please visit us at www.stitchitcentral.ca, come to our store at 189 Thames St. S, Ingersoll ON, call us at 519-303-1563, or email us at sales@stitchitcentral.ca.  You can also visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Stitchitcentral/?ref=bookmark

Their website seems very well laid-out and easily navigable.  Their selection of tatting tools is impressive, and I may invest in one of those threaders they have featured.  I can never seem to find one that will hold up to threading size 20 Lizbeth through the eye of the needle I use when I do break down and hide ends.  I absolutely HATE hiding ends and will find a creative way to insert a split chain or split ring into my work just so I can climb from one round to the next without cutting and tying!

You know, I need to sincerely thank everyone that has stepped up to volunteer as a mentor, consented to let me list their shop here, spread the word, or even just given encouragement. It's all very hard to put into words. This is truly important to me; something I've wanted to do for a long time.  It is both heartwarming and humbling to be part of such a wonderful group of people. Gives ya the warm fuzzies, it does!


I'm afraid tonight's post won't be a long one, sorry.  I twisted my knee on the ice yesterday evening while we were hurrying to get our dog to the dog wash in town (hey, everyone needs to have a bath before they go to the doctor, er, vet).  Nothing serious, but I broke out the ol' cane and have been taking steps rather gingerly today.  I need to get things ready to go back to work tomorrow.  Ah, why can't it be a 2-day work week and a 5 day-off situation?  I suppose it just makes you appreciate the time you do have.  Okay, the ice pack and the Tylenol are calling my name!



Happy Tatting!

Sad update, dear Tatters.  Seems the website for Arachne.com is no longer working.  Another resource gone.  Breaks my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment