Translate this Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Good News for Eastern Canada Tatters!

April 11, 2018

Oh my gracious, I'm so excited!  If I wasn't already in a chair I'd need to sit down.  I found a store in Eastern Canada that sells tatting supplies, and they have stores ALL OVER Nova Scotia!

Atlantic Fabrics has been serving the sewing and crafting community in Nova Scotia for a whopping THIRTY-THREE YEARS!!  When I lived in Nova Scotia (more than a few moons ago) I shopped at their store in New Glasgow.  They had so many things in there, and a crafting department second-to-none.  The really nice part of it was that if one clerk wasn't sure what you were asking about, another one would be available to help you with the information you were seeking. They are located in Halifax, Dartmouth, Bridgewater, Truro, Greenwood and New Glasgow.  Their website is atlanticfabrics.com and there are certain parts of it that are currently "Under Construction" because...

...THEY'RE GOING TO OFFER ONLINE SHOPPING IN THE COMING MONTHS!!

Folks, Eastern Canada will finally have a wonderful source of tatting materials available and you won't have to travel very far!  Open up your computer and you'll have a wealth of supplies at your fingertips! I hope the folks that are reading this from the Maritimes are seeing this.  I might be living out here on the open prairie, but I miss the Maritime provinces.  I'm so glad the needs of my fellow tatters are starting to be met the way they should.  

When I lived in Nova Scotia, I lived in a teeny little place called Bickerton W., I worked at Sherbrooke Village, and I'll tell you this for free:  it was a royal pain trying to keep my craft cupboard supplied.  I had to travel at least an hour to Antigonish, and even further if I wanted to go to New Glasgow (where the better supplies were, I'll be honest).  You better be sure you had a whole day and a list of everything you wanted before you went cuz you were hooped if you forgot something important.  Soon, that won't be an issue.

Thanks to the wonderful folks at Atlantic Fabrics for getting  back to me so quickly with the "okay" to post their store details here, and thanks for continuing to serve the needs of the crafting community in Nova Scotia!

Okay, now I need to go have a cup of tea and pick up my own tatting before I explode.  This was great news!


Happy Tatting!

No comments:

Post a Comment