Translate this Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2020

A Shop in Winnipeg!

Hello, Lovely Tatters!!

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to take some much-needed R&R time and go to Winnipeg to visit a very dear friend.  I haven't see her or her family for a couple of years, and it was nice to just visit someone and take advantage of some of the shopping I don't always get to enjoy.

Which brings me to my reason for posting, which is a NEW-to-ME bead store just near Polo Park!  It's called PoCo Inspired.  The young lady I spoke with, Cindy, knew about tatting and even has her grandmother's shuttles!  I tried to show her how to tat in a few quick minutes, but we didn't have a lot of preparation time.  I'm pretty sure that had we been able to spend more time together that she would have it down, no problem.  She certainly caught on to what I was saying.  Cindy, if you're reading this, don't give up!

I was looking for Swarovski crystals, and PoCo Inspired did not fail.  I got some beautiful Rivoli's that are meant for a very special project (I'll brag on that later).  I also got some lovely faceted rondelles in Alexandrite and a pale beautiful rosy stone called Rosaline.  With all the stuff going on, they've been having trouble getting what they have ordered into the store, but these folks were SO helpful!

The website for the store is https://pocoinspired.com/pocoinspired/ .  Unfortunately, with all the mandatory closures due to the nasty bug chasing us all away from close quarters, they've had to close but assured this is temporary.  

PoCo Inspired

I will add this to my list of places to shop with the website.  They are at 495-D Madison St, Winnipeg, MB, but they ask that you use the rear entrance and park at the end of the building.  There are better instructions on their website.  Apparently they've had some issues with a store directly across the alley from their entrance, so to avoid any more issues, they just ask that we park elsewhere.  It's not a long walk, and you won't be disappointed!

When I called these folks early on Friday morning while I was in Winnipeg, I was very impressed.  They were helpful, friendly, welcoming, enthusiastic and very interested in what I wanted to do.  "Another store" I called asking about specific stones replied with "we only carry precious and semi-precious stones" and basically made me feel like I was annoying them.  Hmm...great way NOT to encourage me to shop in your store. They would NOT be receiving a positive recommendation.

I hope with all the insanity we're witnessing on the news and on the social media that you're staying busy, tatting up a storm if you're forced to stay home, and looking after yourselves and your family.  While the Beloved has been laid off effective this past Wednesday evening and my daughter and her Sweetie are both in the same boat, I'm the only one that's still working.  My office is going to be working from home in rotation, so I'll be starting this coming Wednesday.  Going to be interesting.  I've never been the ONLY one in the family working before.  I wonder how it will go over if I walk through the door and demand a beer as I head for my armchair?  Somehow, I think it would go over like a lead balloon!

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay positive.


Happy Tatting!





No comments:

Post a Comment