Translate this Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Life Getting The Best of You

Hello, all you lovely tatters!  Yes, it has been a while and a half for sure since I've  been here to add anything and I'm sorry for that.  There has been so many things to deal with.  Cataract surgery, family issues, a funeral, planning trips, a wedding coming up, teaching in Indiana in July, it's all just a blur. 

Now that I've had a good whine, I will stop feeling sorry for myself and get on with this.  Lots of things to add, new names to put on the mentors' list, a couple of new stores, I'm so happy to find this information.

I'm also learning to needle tat.  From being someone that honestly thought needle tatting was "cheating" to realizing lace is lace and the tool you use to get the end result doesn't matter, I figured it was time to get with the program and just learn it.  You know what?  It's really not that hard.  If I could just get my left thumb to cooperate instead of hurt all the time with arthritis, I'd be tatting up a storm!!  With BOTH tools.

If you look to the right, you will notice I've added a new mentor in Montreal, Quebec, and a couple of new suppliers in Quebec City. I'll have to see if I can find some more suppliers in the Montreal area because they're not a hop-skip-and-a-jump apart.

On the home front, I'm heading off to Indiana in July to take part as a guest instructor at Tat Days: The Wild Side of Tatting at the Tatting Corner.  It will be my first time teaching in a large group, and I'll be instructing folks on how to complete a pattern of my own design.  If you've not been to one of these events, wherever you are, you should go to at least one.  They're an amazing way to network with other like-minded people and learn a BUNCH of new stuff.  Your mind will be overflowing, but a good time will be had by all.

I had the honour late last year of completing a project for a family in Saskatoon.  I was contacted by a lovely lady whose mother had, sadly, passed away before she could complete her final project intended for one of her great-granddaughters.  I was so very glad to have the privilege of finishing this project. Most families would have got out the scissors and thrown out the work and re-purposed the thread and beads.  I finished the project, made the earrings that went with it, and the young lady intended to wear it was thrilled.  I feel very pleased to have helped this lovely family.

I'm up to my ears in planning projects and writing patterns.  I will do my utmost not to make it so long until my next post.

Happy tatting!


No comments:

Post a Comment