Translate this Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Hello, Lovely Tatters!  Here I am again, tweaking and moving things around on you.  Adding here, removing there, alphabetizing this, re-hashing that.  I know, I know, I need to stop.  But it's summer, and I can't go outside because it's just too stinkin' hot! A girl has to relieve the boredom SOMEHOW!

I've started my listing of Canadian Tatting Bloggers.  So far, I have a blog by Victoria "Victats" Clarke, three pages by Gloria Nelson, the name behind "Sparkling Light Creation Studio", and a site for the Fringe Element Tatters based in Ontario.

All three of these entities have established themselves firmly as wonderful sources for Canadian Tatters who might need information, finding someone nearby who can answer questions, or just finding out they're not all alone.  I know how I felt learning; I really did think I was alone.  This is before the internet and all the wonderful resources we have available now.  When I started 25+ years ago, I lived in Kitchener-Waterloo in Ontario.  It's a stone's throw from Cambridge, Ontario, where the Fringe Element Tatters hold their annual event.  How hard do you think I kicked myself when I found out, years after moving out of the area, that there was a group very close-by that could have answered so many questions I was having?  I think I still have a bruise!  One of these days I really will get to Fringe, at least it's on my bucket list.  Go have a look at their website!  There's a great deal of information there about what they do and how to join them.

Vicky Clarke, owner of the blog "Victats", was one of my recent interviewees and it was a true pleasure interacting with her as we discussed her interview.  One of the things I found interesting is that instead of just a regular "reading" blog, she also has a tatting podcast!!  I found it very interesting to listen to her, and very informative.  Good going, Vicky!

Gloria Nelson is one of the first individuals I interviewed about her tatting.  I had the privilege of physically meeting this beautiful person when she drove the two hours from her home in Northern Ontario to my parents' home in North Bay, Ontario when I was there visiting while my mother was in the hospital.  We found out we have so very much in common, other than tatting, and we have remained good friends since.  I can't tell you how much I've learned from this lady in the few years since we met. She's actually the final nudge I needed to jump into adding needle tatting to my list of tatting skills. 

Now, I knew Gloria had a large online "presence", but until I actually went looking, I didn't realize how VAST her repository of information really was!  Just her Pinterest site made me drop my jaw in amazement.  Go have a look, people it's really something amazing!

I won't keep you long today, but I will ask one more time that if you have or know of a Canadian tatter that has a blog or website, PLEASE let me know!  We should be promoting each other as much as possible!  Don't be shy, I will NOT bite, I promise!

Happy Tatting!

No comments:

Post a Comment