Translate this Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Some New Stuff

Hello Lovely Tatters!!  Just in case you hadn't noticed, I've been playing around with my blog layout and I've added a couple of things you might like.

I have to thank Theresa Clouatre for bringing to my attention the fact that I didn't have a "Followers" button that would allow people to keep up with my posts. You'll have to go all the way to the bottom of the blog near where there's a little information about me, but it's there. Thank you very much, Theresa, I'm sorry I missed that over the last few years.  Actually, if you've seen how irregularly I've been posting, it really shouldn't surprise anyone.

Another feature I've added is the "Contact Me" option.  Every once in a while I get asked questions and the souls asking have to either find me on Facebook, or snoop through all the blog entries.  I really do apologize for that.  Another oversight on my part that I hope has been corrected.

I have, however, been asked to update my "background".  Apparently, some folks haven't really looked at it, just that it's dark and sometimes difficult to read.  Well, here's the reason I chose the background that is here: It looks like a living room.

Think about it!  There's an easy chair with nice arms on it, where you can curl up with a good book, your tatting, or just to watch some television (which is conveniently placed nearby).  The phone is there on the wall.  I know, we all have cell phones or cordless phones at home, but I used to work in Sherbrooke Village in Nova Scotia and it's one of the only places in the country that has an active network that can power the antique phones like this.  I've actually used one of those things, and it's a real hoot!  Just that little piece you hold up to your ear was heavier than my tablet!  I guess it's how they kept people from having lengthy conversations and tying up the line.

In short, I chose the background because it felt like home.  My safe place. A place where I can bring my friends.  A place I can have knotty conversations with anyone, even just myself.

We all need a "safe place".  I know I've been in many places in my lifetime where I didn't exactly feel comfortable, but if I had something in my pocket to do, I could go to that "safe place" in my head and I really did feel better.  We ALL need that.  I don't care who you are or what you do, we are all human and human beings need to be able to have a place to go where they are free of needing to protect themselves against those that try to bring us down or threaten our well-being, physical or emotional.  Your "safe place" can be a physical place, but I have built myself a lovely comfy space where no one comes in unless I expressly invite them.

Now that I've explained my background, I hope you find your own "safe place".  And I hope you go there often to get some privacy from what maybe makes you feel not-so-safe. 

Happy Tatting! 






No comments:

Post a Comment